Read online at http://www.bahai-library.com/writings/bahaullah/iqan
For the publicly editable wiki article, see Wikipedia:Kitáb-i-Íqán
Possible template for editing references here on the Íqán: http://bahai-library.com/writings/bahaullah/iqan/about.html
Leiden cross-reference: 29
- http://www.education.usbnc.org/a_themes/at_index.htm#%23study_guides PDF (Study questions by theme and with a glossary at the end)
- A Tutorial on the Kitab-i-iqan: A Journey Through the Book of Certitude by Fazel Naghdy (Google Books preview; needs purchase).
Comparison of page numbers in British version vs. American version
Aspects of the Íqán (technical)
- Notes on paragraph numbering
- Qur'ánic Quoations from the Kitáb-i-Íqán
Aspects of the Íqán (conceptual)
- http://home.wanadoo.nl/arjen.nandita/start/BESTANDEN/Nine%20purposes%20defined%20in%20the%20Kitab.htm ("9 purposes in the Kitáb-i-Íqán")
- http://bahai-library.com/bsr/bsr03_1/314_fananapazir_iqan.htm (The Station of the Kitáb-i-Íqán)
- http://bahai-library.com/essays/iqan.bible.html (toward unlocking Bible prophecy)
Writings encouraging its study
"Thou hast written that ….…. is giving lessons of [the Book of] Ighan [1 See page 107]; this news brought me real joy."
Part I: (par. 1-101)
Part II: (par. 102-290)
- 107 - In Gleanings, sec. 90
- 109 - In Gleanings, sec. 90
- 161 - In Gleanings, sec. 22
- Lights of Guidance, no. 1673 in referring to the phrase "regarded as One and the same person" might perhaps be speaking of the line from par. 161 of the Íqán, "they therefore are regarded as one soul and the same person" (or in Gleanings, "they, therefore, are regarded as one soul and the same person").
- "Tablet of the True Seeker"
- http://wilmetteinstitute.org/projects/true.seeker.commentary.html (notes)
- By Paragraph
- Regarding "He must so cleanse his heart that no remnant of either love or hate may linger therein":
- "We must never take one sentence in the Teachings and isolate it from the rest: it does not mean we must not love, but we must reach a spiritual plane where God comes first and great human passions are unable to turn us away from Him. All the time we see people who either through the force of hate or the passionate attachment they have to another person, sacrifice principle or bar themselves from the Path of God.
- 246 - In Gleanings, sec. 91
- 247 - In Gleanings, sec. 91
- 249 - In Gleanings, sec. 91
- 250 - In Gleanings, sec. 91
- 251 - In Gleanings, sec. 91
- 252 - In Gleanings, sec. 91